Date posted: 03 May 2019
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds
Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
Gleeds New York has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Cost Manager - Project Consultant that will be based in our New York Office to work on new and exciting new projects in the Commercial Office, Residential and Education Sectors. The successful candidate will join a team of Estimators and Cost Managers delivering pre-construction and construction commercial services to Clients on their projects.
The Candidate will assist in all cost and procurement management processes, with a view to successfully completing the Gleeds` internal APC preparation programme; and self-development training in readiness for attaining Chartered status Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Our competitive compensation and benefits package include an annual performance bonus, 100% employee only medical & dental coverage and 401K (pension) plus employer match.
The Candidate will be responsible for the following areas;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assisting Cost Managers in the preparation of:
- Order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Estimates and cost plans.
- Cost-in-use studies.
Bid documentation and managing the bid process
Assisting in the:
- Evaluation and reporting of bids.
- Ascertaining and agreeing payment requisitions of completed work and arranging for payments.
- Preparation and settlement of final accounts.
- Administration of construction contracts.
- Preparation of reports to Clients.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Attaining Chartered status for Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Develop knowledge and further post graduate practice experience in the following:
- Quantification of construction works and activities.
- Cost estimating.
- Cost planning.
- Value engineering.
- Post-contract cost control and reporting
- Assisting in the administration of different forms of construction contract.
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written.
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
- Good organization, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Financial and numeracy management skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, CostX, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Be able to work as part of a team
- RICS exempting or non-exempting degree, plus industry experience. You will have enrolled for, commenced your APC.
- Performance Led.
- People Focused.
- Creative. Requirements:
Gleeds internal candidates
Gleeds will pay relocation costs as per the standard allowable levels and all costs associated with getting visas etc. Compensation and benefits will be as the market level/expectations for New York
Candidates must have current US work authorization to work for any US employer without needed sponsorship now or at any time in the future.Apply online