Date posted: 03 May 2019
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds
Gleeds New York is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager - Project Consultant that will be based in our New York Office to work on new and exciting new projects in the Commercial Office, Residential and Education Sectors. The successful candidate will join a team of Project Managers delivering services to Clients on their projects.
Our competitive compensation and benefits package include an annual performance bonus, 100% employee only medical & dental coverage and 401K (pension) plus employer match.
Candidates will be responsible for the following areas: -
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Project / Programme Managers in:
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that project management and/or programme management deliverables meet Customers` requirements.
- Delivering high quality services high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Administrating contracts as Owners Representative or Project Manager.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks.
- Remaining in the remit of your role.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Attaining qualified / certified status of a relevant professional body.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Minimum 2 years project management and/or programme management experience post qualification.
Develop knowledge and experience in the following:
- Project stages.
- Project management tools and techniques.
- Procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Specification and procurement of facilities supplies and services
- Health and safety for facilities services.
- Contract administration and management.
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Sound problem solving, negotiating, financial management and numeracy skills.
- Competent ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- BS/BA Degree.
- Undertaking to attain Professional membership - RICS, CIOB or APM or equivalent standard.
- Performance Led.
- People Focused.
Gleeds internal candidates
Gleeds will pay relocation costs as per the standard allowable levels and all costs associated with getting visas etc. Compensation and benefits will be as the market level/expectations for New York
Candidates must have current US work authorization to work for any US employer without needed sponsorship now or at any time in the future.Apply online