Date posted: 03 May 2019
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds
Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
Gleeds New York is currently seeking Cost Manager - Senior Project Consultant that will be based in our New York Office to work on new and exciting new projects in the Commercial Office, Residential and Education Sectors. The successful candidate will join a team of Estimators and Cost Managers delivering pre-construction and construction commercial services to Clients on their projects.
The Cost Manager will be responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works - from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
Our competitive compensation and benefits package include an annual performance bonus, 100% employee only medical & dental coverage and 401K (pension) plus employer match.
Candidates will be responsible for the following areas:-
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Sound cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and cost planning techniques.
- Good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Working knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Good knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks.
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written.
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
- Good organization, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Financial and numeracy management skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Be able to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- A clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
- Performance Led.
- People Focused.
Gleeds internal candidates
Gleeds will pay relocation costs as per the standard allowable levels and all costs associated with getting visas etc. Compensation and benefits will be as the market level/expectations for New York
Candidates must have current US work authorization to work for any US employer without needed sponsorship now or at any time in the future.Apply online