Date posted: 06 June 2019
Closing date: 30 June 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds Management Services - London
Gleeds is a world-class independent property and construction consultancy with 130 years’ experience. Our vision is to create a business that attracts the very best clients, projects and people in the industry. We are passionate about our people and our projects and we are looking for Graduate / Assistant project managers to join our growing London Project Management team.
Gleeds is an internationally renowned organisation offering a vast number of services through a network of International offices.
The Gleeds Management Services team work across the life cycle of a project from feasibility to occupation across a wide range of clients in a sectors such as;
We currently have opportunities based in the London office.
Applicants should be degree qualified, a design, construction or management related degree is desirable, but not as essential as a passion for the built environment and a commitment to learn and work as part of a team to grow your career in Project Management.
As a Graduate/Assistant PM your role will be to support the Project Mangers, Senior Project Managers, Associates and Directors in the delivery of their projects – across multiple project with varied duties and challenges, including:
- Collation of project information.
- Liaison with clients, designers, other consultancies, and contractors – attending and arranging meetings and day to day project correspondence
- Producing documents and reports
- Updating of project details, financial details etc. including Word documents, Excel spread sheets
- Keeping project records
- Reporting to senior management
- Representing Gleeds and our clients
- Actively providing support to deliver our projects on time, on budget and delivering added value
Investing in your future
As a Graduate / Assistant PM at Gleeds you will be enrolled in our professional skills programme to provide you with the essential knowledge and technical skills to be a first-class project manager, enabling to you learn while you work and support your journey to professional body chartership. Our Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) program will move you from degree status to being a Member of RICS.
Our national Training Academy will provide you with professional training courses, as well as learning with your peers on residential courses, you’ll also benefit from e-learning with our online academy, as well as a comprehensive Continual Professional Development (CPD) program.
Key attributes required:
- Excellent communication/ interpersonal skills (telephone, email, report writing, and client facing meetings)
- Good technical understanding of the built environment, procurement methods and project procedures.
- Highly motivated
- Good problem solving skills
- Someone who likes to use their initiative
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise
- Excellent organisation skills
- Team player
- Ideally, a minimum of 1 years’ experience or placement working in a construction / property related post.
- Experience of using the MS Office suite of programmes with the ability to adapt to and learn new software quickly
BA /BSc within in a Construction related discipline, ideally RICS accredited desired.Apply online