Date posted: 20 June 2019
Closing date: 20 July 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds
Administration / Secretarial
Gleeds is a world class management and construction consultancy with over 130 years` experience in the property and construction industry. We are looking for an experienced Team Secretary / Administrator to join the Leeds Team.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in all aspects of office management, secretarial duties and to support business development initiatives. In addition, there are personal assistant duties supporting the relevant Director.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and IT skills and be confident at dealing at all levels both within the business and externally. Whilst we consider this role to be full time, we are willing to be flexible on both the start/finish times and the total number of hours worked in the week.
Whilst located at the Leeds office there will be a number of occasions monthly where travel to another local office may be necessary for the day.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking general office management, secretarial and administration duties comprising accepting and routing telephone calls, diary management, managing meeting bookings and catering, office accounts and office housekeeping
- taking messages
- typing/word processing, this will include typing of dictation
- attending meetings and taking minutes
- organising meetings
- using a variety of software packages
- assistance in preparation of bid documents and fee proposals
- booking transport and accommodation
- managing databases
- implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- preparing letters, presentations and reports
Candidates should have proven experience in similar secretarial/administrative roles, where you will have been responsible for supporting a team of several people.
You should have an eye for detail, be able to manage your own time and be able to work to deadlines. We are looking for an organised, helpful team player who is proactive along with a "can do" attitude and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Overall, this role requires a combination of excellent secretarial ability, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional approach to all aspects of your work
Previous experience of working within a professional service and/or the building or property industry is preferred.
You will be a team player and work as part of a team. You will have intermediate to advanced knowledge of working with Microsoft Office Suite, with exceptional Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
Experience of working with the Adobe Design Package would be an advantage.
Ideally you will have a business administration or marketing related qualification, and GCSE in English.Apply online