Currently showing content for United States
Our service offering in the US
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is about getting people and information working together effectively and efficiently. By using defined processes and technology, best value can be driven throughout the asset life cycle.
Embedding BIM processes right from project inception helps protect and prioritize your development objectives into asset operation and decommissioning phases.
BIM enables a better understanding of the construction environment, reducing the risk of design clash and securing asset functionality. Wasteful processes and activities are removed, saving money and reducing environmental impact.
Adopting a BIM approach brings predictability to a project, not just for capital delivery but operation too. Traditionally, the volume of design and construction information handed to asset operators is minimal. BIM facilitates data transfer, making maintenance issues easier to resolve and saving money in the long term.
A collaborative culture
In our experience, a high proportion of people tend to focus on the technical IT application of BIM, which often leads to a lack of engagement and adoption. In fact, it’s all about information management – delivering it in the right format, to the right people, at the right time.
BIM technology comes in various forms. Collectively it offers a number of benefits by:
- Enabling managed access to information
- Giving us the platform to create virtual models - representations of what is to be / has been constructed
- Allowing us to maneuver around models so we can see and understand the environment better
- Allowing us to test the models and manage risk around proposals
- Giving us the means to analyze and extract information
BIM is a powerful tool, and we offer the detailed understanding and skillful management needed to achieve proper implementation and effectiveness. Our BIM support is underpinned by the wealth of construction data we hold, covering all key industry sectors, building types, sustainability ratings and procurement/contract arrangements.
Gleeds is working in conjunction with the Construction Industry and BIM Task Groups to raise BIM awareness and potential. We also offer training and are working with multiple clients to implement BIM in their organizations.
Our services include:
- Establishing information requirements, prioritizing asset performance needs
- Implementing and managing BIM processes, ensuring compliance with project management procedures and processes
- Extracting, analyzing and manipulating data held in virtual models for use in cost and program models
- Delivering training and advisory services to support the BIM Information Manager role, in part or entirely